We are looking for a programmer to work jointly with Ghose Perception Lab at Technical University of Kaiserslautern and Rupak Majumdar's group at Max-Planck for Software Systems, Kaiserslautern. The position involves working with multiple researchers on a wide range of projects and requires familiarity with vision research (psychophysics).
- Writing code for showing stimuli, data collection, data storage, and data analysis
- Programming for VR (HTC Vive, Oculus rift)
- Familiarity with software: Unity and Vizard (for VR), MATLAB, Psychophysics Toolbox, Psychopy, and Eyelink Experiment Builder for traditional psychophysical experiments
- Maintenance of lab computers, servers, networks, websites
- Some knowledge about real time data collection and how to synchronize data from various hardware (behavioral response, motion tracker / eye tracker data) or willingness to learn it is desirable.
An ideal candidate would be fluent in English and feel comfortable on multiple projects simultaneously in a multicultural team setting.
The position is initially for 2 years but could be extended for a few more years based on performance and rapport with the team. Salary is according to German salary scale (TVL) as decided by TU Kaiserslautern.
Please send a copy of your CV and a short description of your work experience in this domain to Prof. Dr, Tandra Ghose (tandraghose(at)gmail.com)