||I am an assistant professor (tenure-track) at TU Kaiserslautern.
Before moving here I was a postdoctoral researcher at UCLA working with Prof. Philip J. Kellman at the Human Perception Lab. I received my Ph.D. degree from University of California, Berkeley under the supervision of Prof. Stephen E. Palmer (and co-advisor: Prof. Jitendra Malik ).
I have taught numerous courses as a lecturer at University of California, Merced.
I have been a visiting scholar at LPSY, EPFL, Switzerland , the research group of Prof. Michael H. Herzog .
I also am a project advisor at DFKI, Kaiserslautern and a consultant at MPI-SWS, Kaiserslautern , advising them on the
design of psychological experiments.
B.Tech (Electrical Engineering )Indian Institute of Technology,Kanpur,(2001).
M.S. (Vision Science) UC Berkeley , (2004).
Ph.D. in Vision Science UC Berkeley , (Dec 2006).
- Visual Perception
- Depth Perception
- Mid-level vision
- Perceptual Organization
- Figure-Ground Organization
- Cue Combination
- Object Recognition
- European Union's Marie Curie Career Integration Grant (2011-2015)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, UC Los Angeles (2008-2010)
- University Regent�s Fellowship, UC Berkeley (Fall 2003)
- University Block Grant Fellowship, UC Berkeley (2001 & 2002)
- Sangeeta Goel Memorial Award, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (1997) for securing the best position among female candidates entering the institute